We're hiring! Office & Communications Coordinator position
Leave Out Violence (LOVE) BC is an award-winning grassroots youth organization with branches in Montréal, Vancouver, and Halifax. LOVE works to reduce violence in the lives of youth and in our communities by building a team of youth leaders who communicate a message of anti-violence. LOVE BC was founded in 2000.
For more information and examples of some of our work, please visit our BC website, www.loveorganization.ca/bc&nbs... check out our social sites Twitter: @LoveWiredBC, Facebook: @lovebritishcolumbia, Instagram: @love_britishcolumbia
LOVE BC is a small and dynamic charity seeking a part-time (15 hours/week) Office and Communications Coordinator (OCC).
The role of the OCC is to support the organization (e.g. staff, volunteers, youth participants, etc.) by providing administrative expertise and implementing clerical systems, procedures, and policies. The OCC is often the first point of contact for community partners and donors.
A typical workday is from 9:00 am to 4:30 pm, Monday to Friday, but may include occasional evening and weekend work. This position requires availability of two 7.5 hours days.
The OCC is accountable to the Executive Director and the LOVE Board of Directors.
Areas of Responsibility
- Providing timely and courteous response to inquiries received by email, phone and in-person.
- Maintaining a social media presence that appeals to our diverse audience (youth, partners, funders) and is consistent with LOVE’s values and mission
- Ensuring our website content is up-to-date, engaging and visually appealingAssisting in graphic design of reports and agency material i.e. annual report, event invitations
- Scheduling meetings and workshops, assisting with organizing events, and contacting partner organizations
- Entering data, managing invoices, and receivables, and creating summary reports on occasion.
- Maintaining and organizing office files and filing systems
- Assist with training, managing and scheduling volunteers
- Providing additional administrative and office management support, as needed
- As needed, providing referrals to youth accessing LOVE’s office or the Broadway Youth Resource Centre
- A minimum of 2 years experience in administrative support
- Strong computer skills including proven experience with MS Office applications (Word, Excel, etc.) and Adobe Suites (Photoshop, InDesign)
- Fluency with both Mac and PC operating systems (Mac predominantly)
- Work experience with accounting systems such as Sage 50 (Simply Accounting) or other similar software, and managing invoices, and receivables.
- Comfort with using social media applications (such as Facebook, Twitter, Hootsuite, Instagram, YouTube, and website applications)
- Excellent written communication abilities and editing skills, particularly concerning writing and designing newsletter, annual reports, and promotional materials.
- Excellent time management skills and able to support other team members with social media content, report content and graphic design etc.
- Able to work in a high energy, youth focused, sometimes loud, open office environment with many distractions.
- Solution-based problem solving methodology
- Knowledge of anti-oppression frameworks and a commitment to exploring the practice further
- Experience working with youth, particularly youth who face multiple barriers
- Graphic design skills
- Technical media skills (e.g., photography, film, editing etc.)
- A valid class 4 or 5 BC driver’s license
Salary: $20/hour for 15hours per week and generous vacation time.
Criminal Record Check: As an organization that works with youth, the successful candidate’s position will be conditional on an acceptable criminal records check. A criminal record does not necessarily exclude a candidate; rather, a candidate's success will depend on the specific contents of the record.
Start Date: Monday April 12 or 19, 2021
To Apply: Please forward a PDF version of your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Office & Communications Coordinator Position”.
Application closing date: Thursday April 1, 2021 at 5pm PST.
Due to the volume of applicants, only individuals selected for interviews will be notified. Interviews will be held week of April 5th, 2021. Please do not contact LOVE BC to inquire about the status of your application.
LOVE BC’s hiring practices reflect the communities we serve. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous people, people of colour, and others facing systemic barriers to employment.